Thursday, June 10, 2010

What's in a name?

Everything, apparently.  Do you know how hard it is to choose a name for a blog?  To assign it a title that will become associated with you (hopefully) for a long time?  Unbelievable - I have names picked out for my future children (which I'm not even ready to have any time soon) and yet I found it so very difficult to finally settle on a title for a blog.  I've been debating this for months.  Regardless of that, I finally did it, and here it is. 

It is my intention to convey (and combine) two things - my love for design, shaped by a career in architecture and my desire to be a lazy hippie with a vegetable garden and, hopefully, one day a pet goat named Howard.

So welcome to my new project; it will serve as a record for all my other projects - the biggest of which will be... dum dum dum.... our new house! We move into it a week from tomorrow!  I will post on various topics, including our attempts to fix up a 100 year old brick Victorian with a serious 80's decor problem, organic gardening at home and amazing antique finds.  I am an avid photographer and so you can expect many of those as we proceed through this little escapade.

Thanks and welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails